Friday, December 6, 2013

Find, xargs, split2flac split everything in a directory.

find ./ -maxdepth 1 -type d | xargs -I{} split2flac {}

Thursday, December 5, 2013

How I updated my rooted nexus 5 with a custom kernel to kitkat 4.4.1

  1. Download the 4.4.1 image (
  2. Download the stock image (hammerhead-krt16m-factory-bd9c39de.tgz).
  3. Copy the updated image to the phone

    $ adb push ~/Downloads/  /mnt/sdcard/

  4. Reboot into fastboot (power and volume down when booting).
  5. Extract the stock image.

    $ tar zxvf hammerhead-krt16m-factory-bd9c39de.tgz

  6. Unzip the image

    $ unzip

  7. Flash the boot img

    $ fastboot flash boot boot.img

  8. Reboot into bootloader

    $ fastboot reboot-bootloader

  9. Flash the system img.

    $ fastboot flash system system.img

  10. Go into recovery (TWRP for me) and flash the 4.4.1 update copied over earlier. 
  11. Flash custom kernel on sdcard.
  12. Let twrp install supersu and reboot.
  13. Not rooted - download the latest twrp (openrecovery-twrp-
  14. Reboot into fastboot mode again.
  15. Flash the twrp image

    $ openrecovery-twrp-

  16. Boot into recovery mode.
  17. Download latest supersu (
  18. Copy supersu over to card.

    $ adb push  /sdcard/

  19. Install it from TWRP.
  20. Done.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Android 4.4 trying to resolve local domains with dhcp server on server 2003.

My android 4.4 device would not resolve local domains.

sv00004 - could not resolve - resolved.

* start->-run-> mmc
* Add/remove snap in-> DHCP
* Right click DHCP "Add server"
* Select the DHCP server.
* Expand to server options.
* Right click server options

I added my two DNS servers to "006 DNS Servers" and my domain to "015 DNS Domain Name".

Seems to resolve fine now - at least from chrome.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Nexus 7 rooting on arch.

Following this tutorial:

1.) pak -S android-tools
2.) adb devices showed
List of devices attached 
????????????    no permissions
3.) fixed with pak -S android-udev
4.) DL CWM touch and superSU
5.) Allow computer connection on device.
6.) adb push path-to-zip/ /sdcard/0/Download/
7.) adb reboot bootloader
8.) fastboot oem unlock
9.) Yes, unlock bootloader.
10.) $ fastboot flash recovery ~/Downloads/recovery-clockwork-touch- 
sending 'recovery' (6644 KB)...
OKAY [  8.759s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.512s]
finished. total time: 9.271s
11.) tablet - use volume buttons to boot into recovery.
12.) mounts and storage
13.) mount system
14.) adb shellcd /systemmv recovery-from-boot.p recovery-from-boot.bak
15.) Return back to recovery.
16.) Navigate to
17.) install

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Exchange EMC

Running EMC would cause this:

Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message: The WinRM client cannot process the request. It cannot determine the content type of the HTTP response from the destination computer. The content type is absent or invalid. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic. 

Tried every single thing I could find on google, set winrm maqxrequests, reinstall exchange, reinstall winRM, spent 12 hours. 

My solution (issue was caused by wsus messing with dynamiccompression module)

%windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webServer/httpCompression /-[name='xpress']

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Exchange 2010 ECP event ID 4

New exchange2010 installation, ECP complained with

Test-ecpconnectivity -verbose | fl

PerformanceCounterName      : ECP Web Sevice Logon Latency
Result                      : Failure
Error                       : An exception was thrown by the Web service: The remote server returned an error: (500)

and event viewer had getlist failures on msexchagne control panel 4

failed with the following error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpHandler' from assembly 'System.ServiceModel, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

reloading counters didn't help, removing and reinstall ECP did not help.

Solution in IIS set the application pool for msexchagneECPapppool to .net 2.0 instead of .net 4.0.